Our Generic Job Descriptions
Please read through our generic job descriptions below:
Fee Earner - All Departments
Main purpose of the role (Skills and Knowledge):
1. To undertake all aspects of fee earning work with the required skills and knowledge to carry out your duties.
2. To provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department and firm as a whole.
3. To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the business plan.
Key tasks (but not limited exclusively to):
1. Conduct matters on behalf of clients in a professional manner. Providing a friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional service. To protect the firm against service complaints by ensuring service is of the highest quality.
2. To comply with SRA and COLP/COFA Rules at all times.
3. To comply with the Policies and Procedures pursuant to the Office Quality Manual at all times. Understanding and managing risk at all times.
4. To manage files to Lexcel/CQS Standard at all times. Effectively maintaining and managing housekeeping of your file management including accurate use of our case management system in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
5. Using a variety of software to support our case management system including Microsoft Word and 365, Outlook and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records and accounts.
6. Supervision of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues, of so directed by the COLP.
7. Management of support services for which you are responsible, including supervision of own para-legal/secretary/assistant, as the case may be.
8. Participation in marketing activities, whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis. Including in respect of the provision of material for the firm’s website.
9. Financial control, with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures. Ensuring prompt closure of files at completion with ledgers nil balanced and activation of feedback/review request with Review Solicitors.
10. Maintaining written communications in a clear and concise manner including post and emails. With high standards of delivery and actively promoting of all services wherever possible. Meeting all deadlines within the specified timeframes and ensuring prompt response to telephone calls with accurate notes taken and recorded.
11. Carrying out and attending file reviews, department and staff meetings, unless absence has been authorised by a partner.
12. To keep up to date with changes in the law, taking part in compulsory compliance training, developing skills of self and other members of staff where appropriate. Being responsible for maintaining Professional Standards or Professional Accreditations for the role, together with any on-going or further training/CPD required, and reporting immediately to the partners of any changes.
13. Always adhering to the Equality and Diversity Policy of the firm.
14. Further role requirements as discussed and agreed with the partners.