Our Generic Job Descriptions
Please read through our generic job descriptions below:
Assistant/Secretary - All departments
Main purpose of the role (Skills and Knowledge):
1. To provide both clerical and administrative support to fee earners, either as part of a team or individually. The role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business.
2. Assistants/Secretaries are involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and may be responsible for specific tasks or projects and, in some cases, oversee and supervise junior staff.
Key tasks (but not limited exclusively to:
1. To conduct matters on behalf of clients in a professional manner. Providing a friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional service. To protect the firm against service complaints by ensuring service is of the highest quality.
2. Attending all service users and professionals, whether in person, on the telephone or by email in a polite, efficient and professional manner at all times.
3. To comply with the Policies and Procedures pursuant to the Office Quality Manual at all times.
4. To manage files to Lexcel/CQS Standard at all times. Effectively maintaining and managing housekeeping of your file management including accurate use of our case management system in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
5. Using a variety of software to support our case management system including Microsoft Word and 365, Outlook and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records and accounts.
6. Diary management, together with booking appointments/meetings. Attending meetings where necessary and assist in note taking. Creating, photocopying and printing of documents.
7. Participation in marketing activities, whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
8. Financial control, with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures. Ensuring prompt closure of files at completion with ledgers nil balanced and activation of feedback/review request with Review Solicitors.
9. Meeting all deadlines within the specified timeframes and ensuring prompt response to telephone calls with accurate notes taken and recorded and passed to the appropriate staff member without delay.
10. Taking part in compulsory compliance training, developing skills of self and other members of staff where appropriate. Being responsible for maintaining Professional Standards or Professional Accreditations for the role (if required or appropriate), together with any on-going or further training required, and reporting immediately to the partners of any changes.
11. Assisting colleagues as own duties allow and in particular holiday and sickness cover, providing general support within the team/office/firm as required.
12. Always adhering to the Equality and Diversity Policy of the firm.
13. Further role requirements as discussed and agreed with the partners.